Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Thanksgiving is long past, but I recently wrote down my stuffing recipe, so I'm posting it now. I use Mrs. Cubbison's dressing mix, and I chop the apple leaving the skin on for added color.


Apple Stuffing Recipe

· 5 Servings

· Prep/Total Time: 15 min.


Ingredients:

· 1 medium tart apple, chopped
· 1/2 cup chopped onion
· 1/4 cup chopped celery
· 1 tablespoon butter
  1 lb sausage, crumbled and browned
  1/2 cup chopped walnuts
· 1 package (6 ounces) stuffing mix


Directions
· In a large skillet, saute the apple, onion and celery in butter until tender. Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions. Stir in apple mixture, sausage and walnuts. Yield: 5 servings.


Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 256 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 706 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment